Orange Silicon Valley (OSV) is the Bay Area presence of Orange, one of the world’s leading telecommunications operators, serving more than 264 million customers across 28 countries. Through research, development, and strategic analysis, we actively participate in the disruptive innovations that are changing the way we communicate. OSV contributes to and engages with the regional Silicon Valley ecosystem through numerous programs, such as our Orange Fab startup accelerator, Orange Institute, and ongoing collaborations with our partners.
At OSV, we thrive on collaboration, working closely with Silicon Valley & San Francisco to foster innovation and seek out disruption. In an accelerating present we anticipate that the future is closer than we think. We act as guides to the digital revolution occurring in the San Francisco Bay Area, regularly hosting startups, businesses, and corporate leadership from around the world.
By the numbers:
- 500+: OSV engages with over 500 new companies every year, thanks to a combination of everyday work, our Orange Fab startup accelerator, and Orange Institute.
- 200+: Over the past four years of Orange Institute operations, more than 200 of the smartest people in the world have presented at 11 sessions of Orange Institute.
- 12 weeks: Orange Fab sessions last 12 weeks, allowing startups to be on premises at OSV, receive mentoring, and conduct meetings to develop their business.
- 40+: Over 40 engineers and business analysts work on-site in SF to make Orange Silicon Valley possible.
Areas of focus:
- Optimized LTE bandwidth
- Customer experience
- Next generation networking
- Open Source hardware
- Software defined networks
- Big Data
- Cloud computing
- Digital enterprise
- Emerging wireless
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What we do:
We look to the ecosystem of Silicon Valley to meet new ideas and to inspire others. We expect the unexpected, and embrace the unavoidable as quickly as possible while preparing for the next wave on the horizon.
We spend our time in the Cloud, hacking new products from the Valley, evaluating them with test-beds and benchmarks, and crafting adaptations of disruptive technology for use in our networks and devices. SDKs, APIs, and frameworks are the tools all developers use, and we learn from the ecosystem by using these tools alongside them.
OSV experts participate in open source forums, test-beds, and benchmarks. We host events, support innovators and analysts in Los Angeles and the SF Bay Area, and maintain an active schedule of conference attendance throughout the year across the innovation center that is California.
We actively bring Orange senior managers, major customers, and European policymakers into dialog with the disruptors of Silicon Valley. OSV takes you behind the latest news and puts you in contact with the newsmakers before it hits the Web.